Advanced Squad Leader VASL Lesson
Lesson 01: How to download and install everything needed to use VASL (Virtual Advanced Squad Leader).
One thing I forgot to mention in my video is how to check if you already have Java installed:
1) Hit the Windows key on your keyboard.
2) Type “cmd” and hit Enter to bring up the Command Prompt window.
3) Type “java -version” and hit Enter. If you see Java version info displayed you already have Java installed.
4) Type “exit” and hit Enter to exit the Command Prompt window.
Update: Make sure you read VASL module dependency with VASSAL version before doing any updating. Dependency information is always posted in the VASL downloads section at http://vasl.info
Note: This is a Window specific installation lesson.
VASL is an Advanced Squad Leader module for the popular VASSAL board game engine.
1) Java – http://java.com
2) The Vassal Engine – http://vassalengine.org
3) The VASL module – http://vasl.info
Original Words/Video Content © 2020-2022, Neal Ulen. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: ASL-Players.net is not affiliated with Hasbro, Avalon Hill Games, Inc., or Multi-Man Publishing, Inc. Advanced Squad Leader is a trademark of Avalon Hill Games, Inc.