Hello from Wisconsin

New members, introduce yourself here.
gene_mingo

Hello from Wisconsin

Post by gene_mingo »

Hello! Brand new to ASL. I became interested when my son, who is 16, wanted to play more historical type games. We like the skirmish level of play. We have been playing Battletech since he was 8 years old or so. I just got the Starter Kit #1 and we are excited to try it this weekend. I found a used copy of the rules binder on eBay and bought that as well. Next I am going to buy a copy of Beyond Valor from MMP. Not sure where we will go from there. I will be looking through the forums here for recommendations for counter storage and tweezers.

If any of you are in northeast Wisconsin, feel free to reach out.
Rotorhead63

Re: Hello from Wisconsin

Post by Rotorhead63 »

Hi. I got Beyond Valor for Christmas - just getting started with learning the game. I live in the Green Bay area.
DxDavieau

Post by DxDavieau »

Hi Guys, I'm in Ripon. Been doing SL/ASL since 1980.
Rotorhead63

Post by Rotorhead63 »

Hi DxDavieau! I also played SL in the late 70s-early 80s then was away from it for about 40 years :). Now I am just getting started with ASL. I have a lot to learn (and read) before I start playing, but eventually I hope to get into some F2F and Vassal games with others. Good to see there are other Wisconsinites that play. Russ
DxDavieau

Post by DxDavieau »

Hi Rotorhead63, Although I've been doing ASL since 1987, I still consider myself a rookie. I don't get to play much F2F but would like to.