Greetings from Central Florida

New members, introduce yourself here.
Fredrik_Vladimir

Greetings from Central Florida

Post by Fredrik_Vladimir »

I'm a "new" player. Actually, I'm a returning player, but it's been around forty years since I last played. So I'm starting at the beginning with Starter Kit #1. I doubt there's anyone willing to play SK1 in the local area, so I'll be on VASL on many weekends hoping to find an opponent starting 15 April. (Playing with yourself is a lot less fun as you get older.) I"m also willing to try PBEM, but am a little concerned about the time it takes to play a scenario. I don't plan on sticking with only SK1, but to move through the rest of the SK modules and expansions.

Obviously I'm old. I'm looking forward to retirement in the next (hopefully) few years. At that point, I'm hopefully going to have the time to do a bit of traveling. I'm married and have two grown daughters. By day I'm a government bureaucrat.
K-2

Re: Greetings from Central Florida

Post by K-2 »

Wish you were closer, I am in Niceville and been trying to find a f2f opponent.
Fredrik_Vladimir

Post by Fredrik_Vladimir »

Yeah, that's a bit of a haul. Over five hours according to Google Maps. (Although if my daughter were driving, it might be closer to four.)
K-2

Post by K-2 »

Might have to try VASL if I can figure it out and find a coordinated time.
nekengren

Post by nekengren »

Fredrik I'm in Orlando. There are a few of us local. ping me and we can hook up for game time.

Neal
jalpeyrie

Post by jalpeyrie »

Hello there.

Are you looking for an ASL gaming partner? I am, for myself based in NYC. If interest, email me at: peloponnessian@hotmail.com

thanks

Jon