Hello from Long Island

New members, introduce yourself here.
Michael Sherman

Hello from Long Island

Post by Michael Sherman »

Hi,

I started with Squad Leader back in 1983 when I was 12. I didn't really get it, I just liked rolling dice and shooting. Movement and tactics were beyond me. I still have the game and got back into it a few years ago. I just got starter kit last year during the pandemic and have jumped into full ASL lately. I don't have much time to play, and when I do, I play solo, but hopefully I'll be able to find an opponent, or teach my son (12 yo) to play. He's getting Memoir '44 this Christmas to ease him into wargaming. Hopefully it works!

Cheers!
Mike
Neal
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Long Island

Post by Neal »

Hi Mike, welcome to the site. VASL solves all opponent problems...if you don't mind playing ASL on a computer.

Admin
Michael Sherman

Thanks, Neal. I really enjoy your videos. I intend to try a game through VASL soon.
BOB MCK 1966

Post by BOB MCK 1966 »

IHi, Mike Sherman. I saw you are from Long Island. I am Robert McKenna. I have a few guys playing ASLSK in Queens, Brooklyn and Suffolk. I live in Glen Oaks. Send me an e-mail at Glnorobert@aol.com if you are interested. I played 20 FTF scenarios last year. My only. New Years resolution is to play 30. Let me know I am available most weekends and holidays.
Michael Sherman

Hi Bob, just saw this, I'll shoot you an email.