IIFT

For discussion/questions of Chapter A rules.
twbthird

IIFT

Post by twbthird »

I have been away from active play of ASL for some time due to work and other life issues. Now that I have time for ASL games again, I wonder what the current thinking in the ASL community is about the Incremental IFT. Is this just another option, has it dropped by the wayside, is in common use or still an active subject of controversy?
Neal
Site Admin

Re: IIFT

Post by Neal »

twbthird wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:31 am I have been away from active play of ASL for some time due to work and other life issues. Now that I have time for ASL games again, I wonder what the current thinking in the ASL community is about the Incremental IFT. Is this just another option, has it dropped by the wayside, is in common use or still an active subject of controversy?
The IIFT is alive and well with a lot of players and people still argue about it. I've tried it, didn't find it useful and had pretty much zero impact on the game by adding a bunch of IFT columns that I can't memorize. 😂 So I don't use it. I also don't care that others use the IIFT.

Neal - Site Admin
Prester John

Re: IIFT

Post by Prester John »

There are a few official optional rules. I think the arguments about concealment stripping have been resolved with the current official IIFT in the rule book. I don't mind it and usually forget to ask my opponents if they want to use it until after we have started and then ask about using it next time.