PSK as SW

For discussion/questions of Chapter A rules.
Lionelr

PSK as SW

Post by Lionelr »

Using a PSK for the first time, carried by a MMC. (ASLSK2)

In the rulebook it says that it hits on it's own column of 12 (bazooka on 8). As it is a SW, can, just like with a MG, the firing of the MMC be added to it? ...for example the squad fires at 4, so added to the 12 the shot should be resolved on column 16?

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
Neal
Site Admin

Re: PSK as SW

Post by Neal »

No, ordnance that uses the To Hit process cannot firegroup with small arms fire (squad FP and/or MGs). They would have to be fired separately, but you can fire them at the same target. Mandatory FG doesn't apply to, say, a squad carrying a bazooka.

Remember a lot of useful information is in the SK glossary near the beginning of the rulebook:
Mandatory Fire Group: Infantry and MG/ATR in the same hex that desire to fire at the same target (or moving stack on the same expenditure) must fire as a FG rather than separately (3.2.2). Ordnance may not combine. A vehicle’s MG/IFE would have to combine to fire on the same target.
Lionelr

Re: PSK as SW

Post by Lionelr »

Great help again. I'm still struggling with remembering all the abbreviations and concepts. I must have read about that concept 'Mandatory Fire Group' before, but I have never read systematically through the glossary, although I often refer to it. I'm also starting to get a better 'feeling' of where to find information, but still have a lot to learn.

thanks, Neal. It's very clear now.

Reading this quote prevented me from firing one squad after the other with MG's in the same hex at one and the same target.🙃

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.