A25: Forgive the FNG Counter Question

For discussion/questions of Chapter A rules.
K-2

A25: Forgive the FNG Counter Question

Post by K-2 »

Good morning, as previously stated I am new to ASL and will be sitting down to play first game F2F next week.

Am I missing something? Where are the SS 4-6-8 and corresponding SS 2-4-8 HS?

I am in the process of punching out and sorting BV counterset and am trying to organize into Hozan boxes. My plan was to put the full squads by type in left side of trays with their corresponding HS in the adjacent slot to the right. Following the National Capabilities chart I was going to put them in the same order presented here top to bottom. However, the chart shows the above mentioned type of SS MMCs that I can't find on the BV countersheets.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers
K2
Neal
Site Admin

Re: Forgive the FNG Counter Question

Post by Neal »

K-2 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:26 pm Am I missing something? Where are the SS 4-6-8 and corresponding SS 2-4-8 HS?

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers
K2
Hmm, that's a good question, but if they're listed on the NC chart it means they theoretically could have come from any MMP module. I have SS468/248 punched in my trays, but they don't come from BV, only the SS658/348.

They represent early war SS. Looks like they come from Festung Budapest, which has a lot of different types of SS units beyond what's represented by the standard SS in BV.

http://www.texas-asl.com/download/Armor ... 202020.zip

Admin
K-2

Post by K-2 »

Neal,

Thanks for the reply. Based on that I am going to go ahead with the arrangement skipping over those ones then. If at some point I pick Festung Budapest I can always make adjustments.

Cheers
K2
Neal
Site Admin

Post by Neal »

K-2 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:06 pm Neal,

Thanks for the reply. Based on that I am going to go ahead with the arrangement skipping over those ones then. If at some point I pick Festung Budapest I can always make adjustments.

Cheers
K2
I use Hozan as well. Just leave open spots for the SQ/HS you're missing and fill in later. You should still have plenty of room.

Admin
jw2022

Re: A25: Forgive the FNG Counter Question

Post by jw2022 »

A few ASL "official" modules have SS units in different values.

Festung Budapest is one. Also, the Kampfgruppe Peiper I and II series. A Bridge Too Far HASL has a whole set of SS in different values, including a set of white print on black background counters (including vehicles and ordnance) a-la the Cross of Iron SS counters from the original system. The 2nd Ed of Yanks has some additional SS counters as well (not completely sure why....). A long time ago I put the "white on black" SS counters from ABtF away in a shoe box somewhere. Found them too distracting to use, really.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some.... And this is just the official AH/MMP products.
Vin

Re: A25: Forgive the FNG Counter Question

Post by Vin »

The 2nd Ed of Yanks includes components from the Paratrooper module. That's where the SS in Yanks originated.